Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SGM and other church organizations

SGM (Sovereign Grace Ministries - a church my family and I attended for about 10 years) is a farce. So are all of the other denominations. It is all a bunch of man made nonsense. I fell into that trap. It all seemed so wonderful. SGM/PDI seemed to have it all. They believed in the 5 fold ministry, the gifts of the Spirit for today, contemporary worship, sound doctrine, etc. It was everything I was looking for. I had just come out of another cult that believed all of the above. So I went from the frying pan into the fire.

We were the elite. We were not like those poor Baptist bastards. This was a REAL church that was ALIVE! We made fun of the Baptists, Lutherans, Presbyterians going to Heaven first - the dead in Christ. No one was going to fall asleep in our church. We were too exciting. How did I get so freaking deceived? I want to go back and scream at myself for being so stupid.

I have friends that are still in SGM. I want to yell at them also, but that would not work. Actually, nothing has worked. It is very frustrating. I was blind but now I see. I want to tell them what I see, but they are offended by what I see. They still see that wonder that I once saw. It was a mirage. It was a hoax, an fraud, a deception. It was a counterfeit filled with smoke and mirrors.

So how do I keep my friends and warn them at the same time? It does not work. So I have chosen to lose friends by telling them the truth. Truth is more important to me than friends. I would love to have both, but that is not happening at present.

No comments: