Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Search for Truth

Ok, here is my very first post. We all want to know the truth. Most Christians believe their truth is THE truth, including myself. This will be a place where we can discuss anything and everything about Jesus, the Bible, church, doctrine, prayer requests, or whatever else may be on your heart and mind. This is a place for fellowship and open discussion. There needs to be freedom to post whatever you want to say. I want there to be freedom of speech. If you want to blast me for heresy, then I want to extend that freedom. And I will retain that freedom also.

I would prefer that we all be nice, kind, gentle, etc, but I realize that is not always going to be the case. I would rather someone get nasty with me than hold back their thought or emotions. I want to be led by the Holy Spirit and I hope you want that also. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness, and self-control. I certainly need to remember that. I hope that we all will. 


I have some pet doctrines and heresies that will come up on occasion. I hope you will be patient with me, and I will try to be patient with you. And I hope you all will be patient with each other. So please feel free to jump right in and let's talk and fellowship!

1 comment:

FWIW said...

I believe that Jesus is God. I believe the Holy Spirit is God. I believe the Father is God. But I do not like the term "Trinity". The Holy Spirit did not inspire the writers of Scripture to use that word. I do not like adding to God's word.

Here is something that I posted over at Spiritual Tyranny:

"Isn’t it nice to go back to the the simplicity of God’s word without terminology, definitions, and groups like Calvinists, Armenians, Universalists, SGM, reformed, baptist, open theology, premillennialism, word of faith, charismatic, contemporary or traditional worship, senior pastor, associate pastor, youth pastor, prayer chains, conventions like T4G, para church organizations like Bill Gothard and Campus Crusades for Christ, seminaries, Sunday school, vacation Bible school, church discipline, polity, board meetings, church committees, worship team, statements of faith, confessions, church membership and agreements, altar calls, baptismal service, building fund, etc etc etc etc etc.

We have added so much man made garbage to the simplicity of Christ that it is absolutely nauseating."

I would love to hear your views about this or any other subject you want to discuss.